Posted on March 21 2017
Pajama parties aren’t just for the kiddos or teeny boppers, they’re for adults too. Pajama parties, also known as sleepovers are an awesome way to connect with your girls and have a girls’ night “in”. There’s nothing like catching up with your girls, taking a ride down memory lane, or playing fun adult games. The hardest thing about hosting any party is the planning aspect. Below we’ve outlined the top 5 things you must consider when planning an awesome girls’ pajama party.
- Pick a Theme! Nothing brings a vision to light better than a theme. Having a theme easily lets your guest know what to wear, the type of atmosphere to aspect, and it makes it easier for you as the host when it comes to decorating and making everything align.
- Food! What’s a party without food? I’ll tell you, it’s a snooze fest. Everyone likes to sip on a nice cocktail or soda while nibbling on some tasty appetizers or sweets. Don’t make the mistake on skimping on the food unless you want to be the talk of the town for all the wrong reasons. Some easy party foods are fruit, cheese, mini sweets (cupcakes, cookies, cheesecake bites), meatballs, pigs in a blanket, etc. And you can’t go wrong with any type of single serve beverage. This helps eliminate the need of cups and other waste.
- Entertainment! Interaction and entertainment is a must if you don’t want your guest to get bored. Make sure you have plenty of things lined up for your guest to do like mani/pedis, games, listening to a customized playlist, and/or hot topics to discuss. Having a little itinerary of how you want the night to go will make all the difference.
- Decorations! The easiest way to tie together a theme is through decorating. Décor adds the icing on the cake when it comes to appealing to ones’ visual senses. However, it’s really important to be sure to stay away from all the super “matchy” and “cheesy” décor that might give your adult pajama party a kiddie vibe. To error on the side of caution try using your bright colors as the accent color and leading with metallic and neutral colors. This will give your party the type of sophistication you need.
- Favors! Party favors are always a nice way of commemorating the event. Whether it’s something made by the guest at the party through an activity/game, or a gift bought by the host for everyone, they’re definitely appreciated. The trick to party favors is making sure they’re deemed of value by your guest and they align with your party’s theme. For example, a great favor for a Christmas themed pajama party would be a customized ornament or cookie that’s either purchased by the host or made by the party guest as an activity.