Posted on August 07 2018
When you are stressing you might hear people tell you to take a chill pill. Relaxing is one of the easiest and quickest ways to help manage your stress. It can also relieve anxiety, depression, and sleep problems. To relax means to calm the mind, the body, or both. Below are some awesome ways to relax your mind and body.
- Taking a deep breath and focusing on your breathing is one way to relax. Breathing exercises are common techniques used to help relax the mind and body
- Soaking in a warm bubble bath
- Listening to soothing music such as jazz or classical
- The goal of meditation is to focus on things that are presently occurring. For example, try listening to your body and paying attention to the rate of your breathing. These can be major indicators as what is going on in your environment. Is it chaotic or peaceful?
- Journaling is a great way to distress and clear your mind.
- Doing yoga both at home or in a studio
- Using your imagination to take you to a peaceful place
- Getting a massage is a great way to relax your body and release some tension.
- Making time to do activities you truly enjoy, such as cooking, dancing, or sewing.
- Having a cocktail or a sweet dessert if you do not fancy alcohol.