Posted on August 15 2018
So often we say we want to become a better person or be more positive. However, we never truly take the steps to get there. This may not be necessarily because we’re too lazy, but because we really don’t know what tangible steps we need to take to get started. Showing gratitude and being grateful are the most impactful steps one can take towards bettering themselves and others close to them.
With that being said, we’re challenging YOU, us included, to be more intentional in showing our gratitude. Let’s not wait to take action but instead start implementing this immediately. So we task you to join us in living more thoughtfully and showing gratitude in our everyday actions. Below we’ve listed various ways that one can show their gratefulness. Remember this is an ongoing challenge to assist in kickstarting a lifestyle change so we’ll be checking in.
We’re in this together so we want to hear from you on additional ways to show gratitude and how the challenge is going for you. Can you think of any other ways to show gratitude? How many do you already implement daily,weekly, or even monthly?
- Give someone a compliment
- Perform an environmentally friendly act such as utilizing a recycling receptacle
- Perform a random act of kindness
- Let a car merge in front of you
- Give a big tip at a restaurant
- Forgive someone
- Bring treats in for your coworkers
- Call someone you haven’t spoken to lately
- Write down one thing you’re thankful for today
- Donate to a charity or cause (time or $ )
- Write down 3-5 things you love about yourself
- Greet everyone you see today. A simple hello can make someone’s day
- Encourage someone
- Recognize someone for working hard
- Be optimistic- look for the silver lining
- Treat yourself! You’re worth it
- Say “thank you” for the small things too
- Give a gift to someone you’re grateful for-a text, call, treat, etc
- Let your parents, partner, and/or kids know you love them
- Don’t complain at all today
- Hold the door open or elevator
- Call your grandparent/ aunt or uncle and be an active listener
- Leave a note of encouragement in a public place
*Join the challenge folks! You have nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain.